1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Almost on schedule, no?
    Tune in tomorrow when he flip-flops again.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please. You pushed the church thing because it's the kind of nonsense you fixate upon.

The left isn't all of one mind. I know it is hard for you to understand people who think for themselves rather than regurgitating the party line the way you do, but your broad brush doesn't apply here. All of those points you brought up don't fit me. I haven't been claiming those policies kill.

Also, there is a difference between claiming something like putting healthcare at risk will cost people their lives and claiming that babies are being murdered. Your argument is dishonest on every level.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Manafort trial next week. Obviously, the President should not be commenting on an ongoing trial. I wonder if they are going to tie Trump's thumbs together.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. The obvious move is to comment ahead of time, so as to totally jeopardize the entire investigation:

WALLACE: Last October, you said that Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server did not jeopardize national secrets.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: I can tell that you this is not a situation in which America's national security was endangered.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: Since then, we’ve learned that over 2,000 of her e-mails contained classified material, 22 of the e-mails had top-secret information. Can you still say flatly that she did not jeopardize America’s secrets?

OBAMA: I’ve got to be careful because, as you know, there have been investigations, there are hearings, Congress is looking at this. And I haven’t been sorting through each and every aspect of this.

Here’s what I know: Hillary Clinton was an outstanding Secretary of State. She would never intentionally put America in any kind of jeopardy.

And what I also know, because I handle a lot of classified information, is that there are -- there’s classified, and then there’s classified. There’s stuff that is really top secret top secret, and there’s stuff that is being presented to the president or the secretary of state, that you might not want on the transom, or going out over the wire, but is basically stuff that you could get in open source.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: But last October, you were prepared to say, "She hasn’t jeopardized."

OBAMA: Yes. Well --

WALLACE: And the question is, can you still say that?

OBAMA: I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security. Now what I’ve also said is that -- and she has acknowledged -- that there’s a carelessness, in terms of managing e-mails, that she has owned, and she recognizes.

But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective. This is somebody who has served her country for four years as secretary of state, and did an outstanding job. And no one has suggested that in some ways, as a consequence of how she’s handled e-mails, that that detracted from her excellent ability to carry out her duties.

Exclusive: President Barack Obama on 'Fox News Sunday'

Ousted FBI Director James Comey, in his forthcoming book and a tell-all interview promoting it, ripped former President Barack Obama for comments made during the bureau’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server, suggesting he “jeopardized” the Justice Department’s “credibility.”

In his first interview since leaving his post in May 2017, Comey sat down with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos to discuss everything from the 2016 election to the Russia meddling probe to the now-infamous Trump dossier. He was unsparing in his criticism of President Trump, calling him “morally unfit to be president.”

But in a portion of the interview that did not air during ABC News’ Sunday night special, Comey also criticized Obama with regard to his comments on the Clinton email probe.

“We had the problem that President Obama had twice publicly basically said, 'There’s no there, there.' In an interview with—on Fox, an interview on '60 Minutes,' I think. Both times he said that. So that’s his Justice Department,” Comey said, noting that it “really did surprise” him.

Comey rips Obama for comments on Clinton case: He 'jeopardized' DOJ

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhataboutpresidenttrumpisintroubleandi'vegotnothingsowhataboutwhataboutwhatabout...

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did you know gullible is also a derivative of a Russian word?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thoughts?

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Drink!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's YF

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member