1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Welcome to the side of reason, sanity and a true love of the United States of America!

Let me give you the best place to start looking for Trump lies: Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter

Now, usually, the lies come in early in the morning, whole flocks of them. That's really the best time to be ready if you're hunting for lies. You don't need to wear camo or blow your lie caller. They just come right in and land in front of you no matter how brazen.

Happy hunting!

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Proud of the history that it tells of? Hell, no. Proud of how far this city has come, proud of the excellence of the facility itself? Absolutely.

That museum is not an atonement. It is acknowledgement of what a nasty environment has been replaced by tolerance and working together. Is Alabama perfect with regard to race (or pretty much anything else except football)? No, but it's a damn sight better than when I was a kid in Atlanta and we called it Bombingham.

There is a lynching museum in Montgomery. That is nothing to be proud of either, but it is a very powerful remembrance, on the order of the Holocaust Museum in D.C. It memorializes all known lynchings in the U.S., not just in Alabama.

Legacy Museum and National Lynching Memorial

A Lynching Memorial Is Opening. The Country Has Never Seen Anything Like It.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  4. Neutral Corner

Yup. The one pushed back is the one which was to have started jury selection this Wednesday.

No mention of Podesta in that article. Fox got it wrong, at least so far as the first trial. I don't know of a witness list so far in the other one.

The names of the five people offered immunity have been released and they were all bank/real estate people. Speculation is that they were involved in bank/tax fraud or money laundering.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And then you will ignore said misstatements, most of which are outright lies, or spew your own bullshit to cover for them.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're funny when you try to be smarter than you are.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Interesting how you used concern trolling to mask your insinuation regarding Booker's sexuality.

Also fun that you went on to use "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo," which has gained recent notice because your favorite Democrat, Cynthia Nixon, has been bringing it up in her race against Andrew Cuomo. It is fun to see you take talking points from somebody who isn't a Republican for once. I guess the saving grace for you is that she is attacking a Democrat.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Is this a racist term? I know it could be used in that way but I think it was obvious how NC was using it. Perhaps things have changed but I don't think this is clear at all.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

You know Jesus fucking Christ is blasphemous, right?

Slacker likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Good article. The one thing it does not touch on is how Mueller keeps splitting off other ancillary crimes he finds, handing them off to other state and federal courts to prosecute. This allows him to keep his focus tight and separates them from him in case he is pulled off of the investigation by some sort of political maneuver.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.