1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kellog School of Management?

You gonna believe a study conducted by Tony the Tiger and Toucan Sam? Amirite, @YankeeFan?

HC, Steak Snabler and dirtybird like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump is pissed that he's this deep into his presidency but hasn't gotten to bomb the bejeezus out of foreigners yet.

7. Slacker

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't think this has been mentioned but I have to say this looks pretty good. Hope Never Dies. An Obama/Biden Mystery...

books.google.com/books/about/Hope_Never_Dies.html?id=3eA0DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

Not sure why my link is fucked.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I gotcher Kumbaya, swingin'.

11. Slacker

It's the Russians. YF can explain. :cool:

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ever since Trump took office -- and immediately began violating the Constitution by profiting off his businesses without placing them in blind trusts -- we've heard that Treason, by definition, can only be committed against a country with which we are at war. Well, maybe not. Norman Ornstein, not exactly a libruhl thinker, cited Article 3, Section 3, which reads:
    Article 3 - The Judicial Branch
    Section 3 - Treason

<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

A little confusing, don't you think? If it's only for war, why throw in the clause beginning with "or"? To me, it leaves open this question: Can you commit treason by adhering to the enemies of the United States and giving aid and comfort to them in nominal peacetime?

Geez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.