1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh no! The world is big and scary!
    I'm lucky I can tie my own shoes, right?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, past presidents weren’t bumbling idiots like this jackass. How about he learns how to speak and convey his message. Why should the media have to read his mind? I always thought words mattered.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So I guess our last president really thinks there's 57 states then?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Would you like to keep score?

lakefront likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt Trump is ahead in the "stupid shit said" department.
    Just pointing out that that was seen for what it was -- a misspoken line in a campaign speech. Obama caught some grief for it, and it made him look stupid for a few days, but I don't think anyone took it literally. Compare that to the reaction over Trump's joke about the e-mails I mentioned earlier, though. It was reported as definitive proof that he and the Russians had been up to no good.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

It's a very, very, inside joke.

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Lots of hostility today. Going to watch some MASH re-runs to get away from this crap. The older ones. Col. Blake was a much better father figure than Col. Potter.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Nope. The original 1845 treaty which spelled out these stipulations was wiped out when Texas joined the Confederacy and had to be readmitted to the union.

And to your second point ... Nope. Texas is turning purpler certainly, but it's a long process that'll continue for two more decades at least.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Just on observation, it appears the government’s overall case is completely bypassing Manafort’s part of it and it’ll go forward with or without him. Manafort will (try to) cop a plea next week because the government doesn’t need his testimony. He better, because Trump doesn’t need to waste a pardon on him.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s ahead in the stupid shit said department because he is actually stupid as shit.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think they’d love his testimony. I’m sure they’d love to know how, out of the blue, he became Trumpy’s campaign chair after being out of American politics for decades. Or why the platform toward Ukraine changed on its head at the Republican Convention. Or why he was offering Deripaska briefings on the campaign. Or why he led the president of a small Chicago bank to believe he’d be Secretary of the Army if he gave Manafort $16 million in loans. And much much more.

All that said Manafort has put up a fight this long so it’s hard to see him coping a plea now since with one all the above questions and more will have to be answered for any lienency.

And as far as a pardon goes many of the federal money laundering crimes can be picked right up by the state of New York or District of Columbia so a pardon won’t do dick.

garrow likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don't know which is worse -- that Cruz would set him Beto up so easily or that Beto didn't give that reply within two seconds of it being announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.