1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think Beto has a chance. I don't think he will win. Six years ago Cruz won 56.6-40.5 (Two other candidates shared had the other percent). Cruz won by 1.2 million votes. Texas' population has grew more than 2 million from 2012 to 2017. I don't know how close people think it's going to be, but it's going to be closer than a lot of people think.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The problem, though, is Trump and Co. claimed there weren't any conversations with Russians, and then got caught. When they were caught, they claimed they were nothingburgers, where they talked about adoption, or the state of the Nats, or something innocuous. Turns out, they lied about that as well. Then, when caught, they claim it is a witch hunt, and it's all the media's fault that they were caught lying.

They're bringing a lot of their problems on themselves.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s a US Constitution thing.

Revisionist History Podcast

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think Beto will lose by about 10 points. But Harris County is turning blue. Clinton beat Trump by 162,000 votes while Obama beat Romney by 1,000. At what point do the Democrats pick up some congressional seats. I also what point congressional seats start to flip.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I was out yesterday. Anything interesting happen here?

Kind of wish we had a daily SJ summary - way too many pages to go wading back through.

lcjjdnh and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Someone actually said that we need to find the nuance in Trump's speeches. Give me a fucking break.

I'm not all in on the left's total hysteria, but that man isn't smart or eloquent enough to speak in any sort of nuanced tone.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nuanced language of the Rosenstein impeachment articles:

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is a stunt. Pure political theater and posturing.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll take a trade truce. A lot of people will be happy and relieved to get one. That said, how long will it be before Trump gets back to a microphone while he's pissed off about something or needing to throw out a red meat distraction? He has a history of doing things like this and then turning over the apple cart two days later.

Why Trump unexpectedly blinked on trade, Putin - CNNPolitics

"It would be huge news if the US and Europe ever agreed to get to the zero tariffs, zero subsidies and zero barriers standard that both leaders proposed on Wednesday.
    But it was also clear that the deal unveiled on Wednesday was a truce -- rather than a peace treaty. It averted the trade war Trump had effectively started -- and included a vague commitment for talks toward a real but distant goal. Juncker, though, said both sides agreed to hold off on future tariffs while the talks were taking place -- in an apparent victory for Europe.

In that sense, the deal appeared more of a fix for a problem Trump had created rather than a genuine breakthrough on thorny underlying issues. Given the unpredictable nature of the President's diplomacy it's uncertain how long the trade amnesty will last -- once the script is no longer in front of him and when he is fixating at European nations he referred to this month as foes."

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Agreed. All along, from the campaign until now, Trump has always been his own worst enemy.
    My point, and maybe I didn't make it clear or it got lost along the way, was that the media has been on a witch hunt -- perhaps justified, since there does seem to be some odd discrepancies in the various threads of the investigation -- and will collectively orgasm if anything ever sticks to Trump. In its zealousness to get there, it's blowing up some really trivial stuff along the way and creating a Chicken Little syndrome in a lot of people.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This is a witch hunt. People lost in a fog of delusions.

[​IMG]

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

After flip-flopping more than a fish out of water in the wake of Helsinki, that's the new political daily double: When will Trump walk back his walk back to his original position?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.