1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OOOOOH, shiny! This is the guy who has for decades has done for Trump what people thought that Michael Cohen was doing before they found out he was an idiot. If he tells the truth, Trump has troubles, and if he does not, Mueller has him by the plums.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

we have trumpstink

3. lakefront

It would be awesome if some of the lookers joined in. I would love to hear from some new folks, new opinions. Kind of like when a new baby re-energizes a family.

typefitter likes this.
  4. lakefront

Special "effects", like in the movies. (helped me)

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Knowing what we know about DeVos, she was more concerned about a grizzly bear attack.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SnarkShark, QYFW and poindexter like this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I've been a looker on this thread for a while. Sometimes, there's actually news in it.
    But I can't, for the life of me, understand why everyone continues to fall for YF's game. It seemed even more obvious recently after the Helsinki fiasco. He went away for a while, maybe to collect his thoughts, maybe to wait for the right talking points to emerge, maybe to think on things, maybe to collect links, maybe to just see how things were going to spin, and then returns to take up the flag again. Once the lines of rebuttal emerge, he returns to fire away.
    But every time, those who vehemently disagree, just start going after him again. That's what he wants, y'all. He thrives on that give-and-take.
    Ignore him. Let him spout his stuff. Don't respond, don't quote; just let him flail in a breathless internet void. Sure, he'll post stuff you might feel needs to be corrected, but let him stand on it...alone.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dock workers are union workers.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sacha trolls Arizona ...

The city of Kingman, Arizona, wants you to know about its dazzling history along Route 66, the weekly farmers market with local produce and that its residents are not uniformly racist.

Kingman became the latest target for Sacha Baron Cohen's social satire program on Showtime's "Who Is America?" A segment featured Cohen, posing as a member of a development firm, bringing together locals to comment on a multimillion-dollar project.

The gathering of at least 21 quickly learn the proposal: the world's largest mosque outside the Middle East. As Cohen explains the plan in disguise at the front of the room the mood sours. One man links the word mosque to terrorism. The mosque will bring problems, another explains. One man says black people aren't welcome in town.

‘Who Is America?’ town releases statement trying to justify racist comments from locals

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Grandfather spent almost a decade suffering from Alzheimer’s before dying. My grandmother, who was of sound mind, spent most of that decade yelling, “YOU JUST ASKED ME THAT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Despite us repeatedly explaining to her exactly what was wrong.

Some people just don’t want to get it.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Accepting a lack of knowledge as not only inevitable, but acceptable does seem to fit in with your overall persona around here.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I worked for a guy like trump for a few years. Loud, obnoxious, thought he knew it all and better than anyone. H was the senior and managing partner in a medium litigation firm. They had represented political types, an NFL team, executives and good sized local business with a national presence. But as the the firm and other partners aged and the associates who did the hard work left for better jobs, the firm faded. Now, Only old schmucks think he is good. He had done some good work years ago and was trading on it 4 decades later. His act was tired, he was an old fish everyone knew in younger and bigger pond. But the people that carried him were pushed away by him. They wanted to be paid and recognized for the real work. He kept the money, took the glory and the real people left. Now, he’s with his idiot son and a Couple of no personality partners who lack the ability and creativity to do original work and get clients.

There are some people, like Cohen and Weisselberg, who stayed with trump,like there were people who stayed with my old partner. It wasn’t out of loyalty or renumeration, it’s combination of fear of leaving, fear of being trashed on the way out and the inability to get real and better jobs because the stench and slime has nw accumulated on them to the point where they are locked in to trump. These guys wont be loyal. Because trump has never been loyal to them. He’snever Had anyone’s back. Never stepped in to help anyone unless it was going to benefit trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.