1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We are pretty much all old enough to remember the Lewinsky deal. Congratulations to those who aren't. Nobody, not even Clinton's most ardent defenders before he like confessed, believed he didn't get it on with her. Their argument was "why throw a perfectly good President out of a job because of a blow job." For a variety of reasons, a majority of voters wound up agreeing with this take. Trump's defense is devolving to this ultimate point, "yeah, he conspired with the Russians to win an election. So what?" This will be a tougher line to defend. Most Americans don't like Putin, and they really don't like the idea furriners could swing an election here.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Most Americans will do what they’re told. Americans are sheep. Weak and without a backbone. They will allow themselves to herded into whatever cattle cars faux news and trump convince them is a limo to wealth and riches. And when the train stops at a coal mine, and everyone is given a shovel and candle, they will think they’ve struc it rich. The trump supporters have it figured out, at their core, white Christian Americans are pussies. The vocal defenders were closet racists but now they’re out in the open. They re also closet pedophiles, soon they’ll be out in the open.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Double Down likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I would have been just fine with the Senate tossing Clinton out on his back side for lying to the public. And to a grand jury, I think. Forget the grand jury, though. Wagging your finger in the TV camera and saying, "I did not have an inappropriate relationship" -- a blanket statement that followed an equivocal, nebulous decoration about "sex" -- should get you tossed.
    Conservative Hero Sean Hannity made the point that if Clinton lied about that and got away with it, he'd be free to lie again. And I agree with him on that one. Curiously, however, Trumpists' hero now sings a different tune on this topic now that his boy is the guilty party.

Slacker likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You’re agreeing with the take of someone whom the Westbrook Baptist Church would probably deem too immature and reject his ardent plea for membership.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I saw a good one tonight: President Tre45on.

Heh. Heh heh heh.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump's biggest decisions in the coming weeks will be whom to whack first: Cohen; the other lawyer who seems ready to flip; Rudy; or the Notorious RBG.

10. Neutral Corner

I think that it was a combination of "Why sack the President over a blow job" and "Everybody who ever had an affair lied about it". That's what 98% of people who get caught do, reflexively. "No, honey, it isn't what you think". Now put that question on the White House media stage and you get Clinton denying it.

Right or wrong, I think a lot of people sorta felt that way. It's like a traffic stop. "How fast were you going?" "I dunno, 35 or so?" "I got you at 48 in a 3o mile zone". It's what people do more often than not.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. My buddy didn't make pedophilia jokes for years, into his 40's

2. Disney reacted just as any major corporation would have, that needs to protect their investment.

iii: The fellow who banned my buddy wasn't looking to protect anything, except his own fragile ego

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.