1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. Bannon is fair game.

Barron on the other hand...

RickStain likes this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I think the points of the protesters and their numbers all over the country spoke volumes enough without a badly-aging singer going all potty-mouth about it.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Trump isn't an 1/8 as informed as YF.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

about the only thing YF seems informed about is trump's position and how to triangulate to defend it

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nope. I have a vested interest in making sure fat dumpy guys don't get mocked.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The fact that she's a washed up pop singer prevents her from not dropping F-bombs on CNN? I think anyone with a public presence should be held to the same standard.

7. RickStain

That's an ... interesting ... perspective. I'm not sure if you came to it genuinely or you're just twisting yourself to try to defend the laundry, but that's a whopper.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If it hadn't been Madonna, it would have been some other viral moment from an individual out of a sea of 500,000 that people opposed to the whole enterprise would have seized on to try and discredit everything that happened.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rubio on Reagan: "He challenged the 'Evil Empire', and he challenged them to 'tear down this wall'."

And two years after his "Evil Empire" speech, he did an about face, to the chagrin of many on his staff, by trying to achieve detente with the Soviet Union and make deals to reduce the nations' nuclear arsenals.

The last one to even try. Thirty years ago. Sad!

If creating ISIS and letting it grow doesn't make US war criminals, that term has zero fucking meaning.

And who the hell are we to think we have the right to "hand Syria" or "not hand Syria" to anyone?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

Because we had years of foreign policy to show us exactly how they would deal with Russia.

We don't know how Tillerson will. We just know that he's got concerning ties to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.