1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of the military, when is Trump going to visit our troops stationed downrange in Iraq or Afghanistan? Obama made six or seven trips to visit troops in combat zones. I guess he's mas macho than Trump.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree. We need to dumb it down.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, it does help that President Trump has offered such transparency with his financial records. Oh wait. He didn't do that.

Where is the evidence that President Trump actually gave up control of his business interests? You made the assertion here. Back it up.

The man lies at an incredible rate. I see absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt here and it would be very easy for him to run it through his sons. So that puts the burden on you to defend your assertion. All I did was question it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering Mar-A-Lago doubled membership fees $100k after Trump won, or any of the other personal income avenues that have benefitted from his reign - $400k isn't all that impressive.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Negative, Ghostrider. It has come out that Mueller has gotten hold of a WH timeline that Don McGahn worked up, based on WH documents, which clearly shows that Trump was repeatedly told that Flynn was under FBI investigation and that he was known to have lied to the FBI before he first contacted Comey. Their first meeting was the one where Comey got an invite to the WH and found when he arrived that he was there for a dinner alone with the President, who told him "he needed loyalty".

Read this twitter thread.

and a quick follow up shot today:

lakefront likes this.
  7. poindexter

[​IMG]

These are your political kin, @YankeeFan . Look and sound like a swell group.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So does calling on your recused Attorney General to unrecuse himself and shut down the Trump/Russia investigation reach the standard of Obstruction of Justice?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Rudy tells CNN Trump was just giving his opinion on the probe in this morning's tweetstorm.

Oh.

Well, if Rudy says it, IT MUST BE TRUE!

12. poindexter

I heard there is a new message board that isn't so restricting as this ol' dump. Definitely a place where, if they can read and spell, their voice can be heard.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.