1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Travis is a race-baiting huckster who will kiss up to the aggrieved white man any way he can to get clicks. This column is nothing more and nothing less than that.

Big Circus and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Playing a frat bro must be difficult for somebody his age. Or, sadly, maybe it's not.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Oh, God. Another night of looking at his saggy ass and trying to avoid those tiny, creepy hands..."

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Y'all may not remember this, but in the 1980s you couldn't by Japanese cars with "factory air." That was a dealer add-on. It was ridiculous in that the cars were already set up for it ... the dealer just plugged in a few easy-to-install components to go with what was already there.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Automobile countries of origin are even fuzzier. You could be buying a good ol' Chevy assembled in Mexico with parts made overseas, or a rice burner assembled in Tennessee with mostly American-made parts.

The broader point is tariffs don't punish foreign companies because they simply pass the cost to the consumer and maintain their profit margin. The consumer is the one punished.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think, these days, Toyotas and Nissans are often more American than Chevys and Fords.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a meeting with Congressional leaders today, Trump again stated that he lost the popular vote because 3-5 million illegal aliens voted for Clinton. He's delusional. Needless to say, none of the leaders, even the Democrats, said "Mr. President, that's a crock of shit." I predict legislation for a national ID card for nonwhites only -- cost to owner $500.
    He's an evil fool being used by other evil men for evil ends. I repeat my conviction that citizens denied the right to vote have every moral justification for using deadly violence against that government.
    PS: In fairness to said leaders, John Cornyn, who seems to have a light public touch for a Republican, said to reporters "I didn't anticipate that discussion." Senatorese for WTF.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.