1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Aside from your point (and I got it, but changing the subject anyhow), he has said stuff like that a few times, and I don't understand why people don't see how patently ridiculous it is. Why would a German buy a Chevy? Germany has Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes. The Opels that Chevy sells over there (or at least that they used to before they sold that unit because they weren't competitive) don't have a great rep. They actually do sell some, for what it is worth. Some. But the biggest sellers in Germany are German cars, which isn't surprising, because. ... Germany makes better cars.

There is a type of American who likes German cars. ... and it's for exactly the same reason. For the most part, Germany makes better cars than America does.

It's also how FREE trade works. Specialization. Germany might sell us cars. And we sell Germany military equipment and airplanes and financial services, etc. In a free environment in which people can make decisions for themselves without some asshat preventing that freedom with things like tariffs, that brings about the most benefit to the most people. Which is why most people actually care about "trade" if they were to take a step back and think about it. The bottom line should always be what choices, prices, etc. CONSUMERS of goods and services have at their disposal. It's not about hurting consumers in order to protect your producers -- whether they are competitive or not.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fox and Comrades ledes with illegal alien kills

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

E-Verify is done by computers. There are no penalties for employers who do not use E-verify or ignore the results.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Republican Party traded William F Buckley for this.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Compounding that is Chevy (and other domestic auto makers) aren't exactly cranking out vehicles designed to appeal to European markets - regardless of the quality.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've never understood the hatred for Obama. Trump should make you long for his quiet competence, at least. But if you hate both of them, what or who do you want in that office?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Here it comes ...

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The morning toilette begins!

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So who wants to be the one who tells her?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's a great point. Many Europeans drive golf carts with three stroke engines. Ford has all but fazed out everything except trucks and SUVs. Chevy still makes some passenger cars, but it's not an area of focus for them (or a place where a lot of people think they excel).

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought this was fake. I can't fucking believe he'd tweet this.

HanSenSE, garrow, Big Circus and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.