1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I don’t really care about them playing golf. We have to pay for everything the POTUS does. And he has to have time off. I don’t give a shit. Time off comes with the territory. Supporting Mueller and his silliness doesn’t.

Yet not one shred of evidence of collusion. Not one.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Is this the SJ equivalent to "Close your eyes and think of England"?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"This whole thing about flipping, they call it. I know all about flipping, for 30, 40 years I have been watching flippers. Everything is wonderful and then they get 10 years in jail and they flip on whoever the next highest one is, or as high as you can go. It almost ought to be outlawed. It’s not fair, because if somebody going to spend five years like Michael Cohen or 10 of 15 years in jail because of a taxicab deal, because he defrauded some bank. Campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly. But if somebody defrauded a bank and he is going to get 10 years in jail or 20 years in jail but if you can say something bad about Donald Trump and you will go down to two years or three years, which is the deal he made, in all fairness to him, most people are going to do that. And I have seen it many times. I have had many friends involved in this stuff. It’s called flipping and it almost ought to be illegal. You get 10 years in jail. But if you say bad things about somebody, in other words make up stories, they just make up lies…They make up things and now they go from 10 years to they’re a national hero. They have a statue erected in their honor. It’s not a fair thing. But that’s why he did it. He made a very good deal. For what he did.”

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goodfellas-copter.jpg

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Essentially, Trump told Fox and Friends this morning that Cohen lied under oath to get a better deal.

Good luck proving that, buddy.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Congrats to Urban Meyer for providing Trump with a legal strategy. Better get a postdated prescription STAT.

[​IMG]

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

How would anyone know if the evidence grows more damning by the day, if none of it has been even leaked yet?

Lanny Davis, what a great attorney, huh? He had his client plead guilty, to something that isn't even a crime.

This gets more stupid by the day.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Live look at Rainman.

[​IMG]

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In what Qanon alternate universe does a court allow somebody to plead guilty to something that isn't even a crime?

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.