1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

After watching some of the McCain coverage, I had forgotten what a uniting concession speech he gave in 2008.

Between the candidates, it was a pretty clean race.

Will we see another one?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Did you ever tell them how the USSR deserved the gold medal in basketball in 72?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

McCain would have killed it at the WHCDs.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This woman might be the worst person (non-Trump division) in politics.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Same one who was pleading for him to resign while he was fighting cancer so she could get appointed to his seat, just for the I on the ballot, IIRC.
    Calls Arizona's fun and sun capital and that board favorite, Lake Havasu City, home. Ridiculously conservative area.Working there may have emboldended my liberalism.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While I don't expect Ducey to appoint anyone who won't be a Yes on Kavanaugh, might as well hope he appoints someone who is more likely to lose to a Dem in '20.

garrow likes this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It would have taken a lot in 2008. Even if you give him the best case scenario where he was able to take NC and Indiana, which were 14,000 and under 20,000 vote margins, and give him Connecticut because of Lieberman then he is still only at 206. The only other shot would have been Florida with a Lieberman push and a 240,000 gap but that is at 233. The only other potential flips that were within 200,000 were not big gainers -- Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Mexico, Vermont.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Kelli Ward is flat-out crazy.

For a while she had two former Breitbart "reporters" running her campaign. They couldn't stand her, left, and are now running Arpaio's campaign solely to get back at her. Most of his campaign has consisted of attacks on Ward lately. They're both polling well behind Martha McSally.

Ward was once texting with one of our reporters and angrily denied accused him of misquoting her... when he quoted a text she had sent literally two minutes earlier.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Will we see a race with two candidates of such high quality?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

um

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hint: I don't think I would call them Deplorables if I did.

Never wasted my time. They cling more to tired myths ("They gave the Russians 3 chances!") ("The official would not let Tom McMillen challenge the inbounds pass!") than this place.

TigerVols likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.