1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I mean, it's almost like they're worried things could go south any day now. Or that by touting how great the economy is, people will look at their bank accounts and think "WTF!?!"

BadgerBeer and garrow like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They got bored with repeal and replace ?

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No fucking shit?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is a great line.

GD Spradlin revised the role of "sadistic coach" in One on One (in which you had to suspend belief and accept Robbie Benson as a D-I point guard) and North Dallas Forty (in which you had to suspend belief and accept Mac Davis as an NFL QB and Nick Nolte as a WR). It's how I choose to remember him. I wish they could have done three or four more bad films (I actually don't think North Dallas Forty is a bad movie, though) with him as the coach.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I see they're growing melons on the White House lawn now.

Batman likes this.
  7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Robert Francis can fuck right off.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Our entire country has become Twitter.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Figured it wouldn't take long for someone to do this.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well for the first time since January, 2017, I'll sleep soundly tonight...now that I see Trump is too stupid to know how to actually push the button that's bigger than Kim's!

Pilot, HanSenSE, garrow and 1 other person like this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

So this is kind of a big thing. With SCOTUS down a justice, they're unlikely to be able to break a 4-4 tie and stay this ruling.

Likely result: new maps will be quickly drawn for North Carolina by a special master, and a state where Republicans make up approximately 30 percent of the electorate, but 75 percent of its congressional delegation, could suddenly be back to an 8-5 split in favor of Democrats.

Court strikes down North Carolina congressional map as unconstitutional

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I guarantee the NC legislature will simply defy the court order and by the time it reaches the Supremes, Kavanaugh will be there to vote in their favor.. The Republican party is a criminal conspiracy in defense of wealthy white men, racism and, now thanks to Trump, authoritarianism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.