1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump voter family portrait.

508A8250-F244-4B85-AD3C-C537FAB7EC58.jpeg

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Also, Trump tweeting pressure at the DOJ to go easy on political allies is obstruction of justice. For the umpteenth time. Clear. In public. That case is easy to make. Trump did it himself.

And shockingly he lied. Neither investigation started under Obama.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Errol Morris's new doc is on Bannon. Premieres at Venice Film Festival coming up. We know how Morris's docs usually work. The subject talks. Freely. Okay to be screened? Not okay?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Opinion | Labor Day in Trump’s America

Whenever there is a choice to be made, Trump favors the perceived needs of the plutocratic class at the expense of almost anyone who earns a paycheck. Trump claims he’s eliminating “job killing regulations,” but, in fact, he’s simply lining the pockets of the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the health and wealth of everyone else....
    The Trump administration is in the process of rolling back child labor laws that strictly limit the amount of time anyone under the age of 18 is permitted to perform such dangerous work as roofing, or using chain saws or meat slicers...
    The Trump White House killed a mandate that financial advisers assisting clients with retirement planning must act in their clients’ best interests.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A dem cheating will only confirm what they believe anyway.

To be clear: I’m not saying they’re right. Obama, by any measure, was a ethical, decent politician.

I’m saying people don’t trust institutions, period. And, in many cases, with good reason. We need better politicians. We also need better voters who don’t fall for negative third party ads every time they show in local races. We need far better local and state government. We’re as bad there as anything.

It will not be solved easily. The problem is bigger than we know.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Bannon/New Yorker thing is a complete disaster. Don’t ask the guy in the first place.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I know nothing about the stock market, but I’m curious to see what happens with Nike. Obviously they’re not doing this if they think it’s risky, but shouldn’t this be the sort of thing that poses risk?

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying. I decided villains don't go away on their own. You have to drive them out.

images.jpeg

Fred siegle and John B. Foster like this.
  9. typefitter

It was cynical to have him in the first place—to generate buzz, I'm assuming, for something that doesn't need buzz. Someone as smart as Remnick should have seen how it would play out. And now it's the same old "intolerant liberal" routine. I'm surprised @QYFW hasn't been by yet to post some acronym that he'll pass off as an actual thought.

10. typefitter

The only thing supreme about white supremacists is the pizza they order when they want to pretend they're ballers.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They have seen the numbers after LeBron got more politically active. They aren’t scared.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. But LeBron is popular and successful. Kaepernick hasn’t played in several years and is hated by Trumpists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.