1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

1. I don't think Trump sits for this without one of his BFFs from Fox around.
    2. All he does in this transcript is recite the usual talking points. What insight!
    3. Could this be a case of Kellyanne and Co. shielding Trump, knowing Woodward was on to what a clusterfluck was happening?
    4. I'll wager one, no, two million Internet dollars Trump would have denied saying anything to Woodward anyway, despite Woodward having it on tape.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, he knew exactly what he was doing in that call.

He knew about the requests. He simply avoided Woodward.

But he knew what he was doing in that call.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

4. lakefront

Mueller does not need to talk to him and same goes for Woodward. He had the chance, admits he DID get the word. No f'ing way he should have gone out of his way for trump.

5. lakefront

graham did.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jumping Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. This book is going to be a killer. The unhinged tweets are coming. I wonder who is going to read it to him, lol.

Read this link. Excerpts below. Gawd, it's worse than I thought, and I thought he was an idiot.

Bob Woodward's Trump book: Author details aides' worries about Trump - CNNPolitics

"President Donald Trump's closest aides have taken extraordinary measures in the White House to try to stop what they saw as his most dangerous impulses, going so far as to swipe and hide papers from his desk so he wouldn't sign them, according to a new book from legendary journalist Bob Woodward."

"Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller."

"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

Woodward sums up the state of the Trump White House by writing that Trump was an "emotionally overwrought, mercurial and unpredictable leader." Woodward writes that the staff's decision to circumvent the President was "a nervous breakdown of the executive power of the most powerful country in the world."

Woodward also quotes an unnamed White House official who gave an even more dire assessment of the meeting: "It seems clear that many of the president's senior advisers, especially those in the national security realm, are extremely concerned with his erratic nature, his relative ignorance, his inability to learn, as well as what they consider his dangerous views."

------------------------

"Trump went off on his generals. "You should be killing guys. You don't need a strategy to kill people," Trump said of Afghanistan.

He questioned the wisdom of keeping US troops in South Korea.

"So Mr. President," Cohn said to Trump, "what would you need in the region to sleep well at night?"

"I wouldn't need a fucking thing," the President said. "And I'd sleep like a baby."

After Trump left the Tank, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson declared: "He's a fucking moron."

--------------------------

"After Trump's Charlottesville, Virginia, controversy, in which he failed to condemn white supremacists, Cohn tried to resign but was instead dressed down by Trump and accused of "treason."

Kelly, who is Trump's current chief of staff, told Cohn afterward, according to notes Cohn made of the exchange: "If that was me, I would have taken that resignation letter and shoved it up his ass six different times."

And Priebus, Trump's first chief of staff, encapsulated the White House and the thrust of Woodward's book by describing the administration as a place with "natural predators at the table."

"When you put a snake and a rat and a falcon and a rabbit and a shark and a seal in a zoo without walls," Priebus is quoted as saying, "things start getting nasty and bloody."

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. Neutral Corner

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sounds like Reince is a writer. That's pretty good.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Then, whenever there's a Democratic President, the documents the White House didn't want released will be, and they are likely to show the judge lied to Congress in either 2006 or these hearings. He will regret using short-term thinking for a lifetime appointment, because that'll be the lever that will discredit the Court enough so that the public will not object to court packing, seeing it as just another partisan body, which it has been for about 20 years anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.