1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I really feel for both Kelly and Mattis. These are high end, long service general officers. They are politicians themselves, by definition, but they have defending the country as a core value. I don't much like Kelly, but he took the job knowing that he was being handed a live hand grenade. They (and McMaster) have taken a beating trying to keep the wheels on. The President careers around and does what he does, and about all that the WH can do is to try to minimize the damage. You know that they'd both love to be shut of this job, and that they both know that they're likely on the short list to get run off next.

The Woodward book will likely accelerate their departure. I'd say after the mid-terms except that things in no way resemble normal.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah. Trump's narcissistic and paranoid. Inside the White House, those staff quotes will enrage him further.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Golly, what did anyone expect Kelly and Mattis to say?

The Trump cult will go after Bob Woodward. Because that’s all they know how to do. They’ve got nothing else.

But it’s Bob Fucking Woodward.

Pretty easy which to pick as truth and facts.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This book is the gift that keeps giving. Trump is going to go even further off the deep end and his stooges are going to attack Bob Woodward. This is going to be fun..."Mattis and Kelly deny everything. See, Woodward is full of shit." What the fuck do we expect them to say..."Yep, I called him a fucking idiot"? LOL, dummies.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Watching the video, are we really going to blame Kavanaugh for not shaking this guy’s hand?

There was no way for him to know who the guy rushing him was, or what he wanted.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Not sure he was rushing him. But regardless, I bet he knew exactly who Guttenberg was (after all, he did introduce himself) and that’s why he walked away.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Move along everyone. Nothing to see here.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Anything that has a specific person attached is liable to trigger him. Immediately, later when that same person screws up somehow, but sooner or later it'll blow.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Certainly opens him up to choice of a perpetually overrated and underachieving baseball team granted Most Favored Nation status by MLB for no good reason. I know we’ve seen his credit card statements, but has anybody seen Bryce Harper’s ring? The one he guaranteed a few years back?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

D1E67775-7242-4C7C-BF23-5194EBBB1545.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.