1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Forget the Book. Read the Transcript.

"Hanging over the call is the chance that possibly some of these messages didn’t get to him? The story of White House dysfunction is so wild we can’t entirely rule it out. Maybe Trump shot down requests from a couple staffers and people knew not to bring it up again? It’s impossible to know. But the stench of weakness and cowardice can’t be cleaned off this thing. This is the real Trump."

2. Neutral Corner

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I hope he goes all night ...

4. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

He's so angry. SOMEONE IS GETTING FIRED ON FRIDAY AT 6 O'CLOCK.

6. Neutral Corner

This is why I love to follow Marcy Wheeler. She's got skills and a good memory. If Trump is dumb enough to go for a Mueller sit down which excludes questions about Obstruction, Mueller will eat him alive. Marcy's question list is dead on, and all of it concerns issues that Mueller already has testimony on. We're back around to "talk to Mueller and you'll wind up in an orange jump suit."

Mueller Ready to Get Trump on the Record on His Involvement in the Russian Conspiracy – emptywheel

Nice little shot at Rudy right at the end, too:

"Update: One other thing this does. This letter, inviting Trump to answer questions in writing, came a day after the first detailed story on Rudy’s counter-report came out. Rudy’s blabbing about how they’re going to release a report that purportedly addresses all of Mueller’s concerns will make it hard (but never impossible) to refuse to comply. And it will also give Rudy a hobby that will distract from inventing conspiracy theories about Mueller conflict."

7. Neutral Corner

You think he'll be able to restrain himself that long?

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think Mueller already has a tubful of sealed indictments ready to go the minute the ax falls. I also think Trump World knows this.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Solid one-two punch. First he got McCain Week, and now this. Crazytown!!!

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

I agree. I think that there are a number already issued, that Mueller has extensive contingency plans in the case of his being fired, and that he continues to get more info and interview more people. He's getting closer to the very inner circle. Roger Stone next to go, I think.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still no love for Infrastructure Week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.