1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Haley's NYC base would make it seem more likely she'd choose the NYT instead of, perhaps, the Washington Post, right? I hadn't seen that tweet from Kristol since I don't follow him, but it is interesting that four hours earlier he posted this:

EDIT: Kristol saying the source will "see you around the White House tomorrow" doesn't imply the source the works at the White House every day. Also, a quick Google search shows Haley was in Washington today, so it's entirely possible she's there tomorrow (I don't know her itinerary, but I see nothing here to suggest it can't be her).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pence with a Democratic Congress scares me not one whit. See GWB.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Judge KKKavanaugh has to give the high sign to Trump's klan. Just to reassure them that he won't betray the movement.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

O'Donnell's analysis was brilliant. Dan Coats is the traditional conservative type that would throw Palpatine down the shaft.
    It would also be fucking brilliant if someone wrote it in such a way as to make it look like it was Pence.
    Who knows (we all will soon enough), but it will have that asshole tossing and turning tonight and that's good by me.

BadgerBeer, melock and Slacker like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

Dept of State says it's not Pompeo. That's interesting. If people keep asking officials for comment and enough answer and deny involvement, you have discovery by process of elimination. Maybe.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Here's what Kavanaugh said: "I am not here to assess comments made in the political arena, because the risk is I'll be drawn into the political arena."

That answer earns him a "KKK" designation?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

Quaint to try to claim he'll "be drawn into" the political arena. He's been a political figure his whole career. He's asked to provide a window into his thinking about white nationalists and he wouldn't say a thing against them. This is no doubt pleasing to the White House

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It can't be Melania. Michelle Obama never wrote anything like this.

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

What does an undercover "senior official in the Trump administration" have to gain by publicizing their existence and their and other's methods? It is illogical. It is the equivalent, if you will, of saying I am a senior official in the Putin administration and here is what we are doing to sabotage him.

At best it severely damages your ability to continue to do what you and others have been doing because you just told the otherwise clueless fearless leader what's going on. At worst if you are found out your career is toast.

Wildly speculating, the only thing I can come up with it is a person with severe emotional/guilt issues. Or perhaps they thought it would push Trump over the edge?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    heyabbott likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This is going well

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Not a chance if she still wants a future in republican politics. I like Lawrence O’Donnell’s pick of Dan Coats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.