1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the exchange is when Kavanaugh kind of mumbles the name of the law firm to himself as if to jog his memory. While that might have been sincere, Harris is right that his memory has otherwise seemed impeccable throughout the hearing.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Except I’m sure he has. There are perhaps 300 lawyers in the firm. Talking to someone, anyone, in that firm about Mueller’s investigation, in a personal way, is likely.

It also doesn’t make much difference.

I suppose Kavanaugh could have said that.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I knew it was you, Mike. You broke my heart."

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Whatever she was flashing, it was not an accident. That is all we really know.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Obama was a nice guy. He was competent. He was well liked. He was a compromiser with people who refused to compromise with him because of his skin color, that was not good.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

YOU THINK YOU’RE SO COOL, DON’T YOU!

(throws Alf lunch box at HC)

HC likes this.
  7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

His was staff was also the first to outright say he didn't write it. The best way to deflect blame quickly is to deny as soon as possible.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

LOL!
    <3

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

First, I don’t think it says anything about it either way. It may be awful it may be great, but I don’t think that policy is an indicator.

Second, I was talking more about the “mother” name more than the dinner policy. But the mother policy has no reflection on their sex life either.

Third, I’m not sure what difference his sex life makes. Lincoln, perhaps our best president, had a tumultuous marriage in the White House. Bess Truman wasn’t even around most of the time. JFK’s affairs...reflected, what, well on his sex life with Jackie?

Again: there are many areas where pence is deficient. His marriage doesn’t appear - at all - to be one of them. And if his policy prevents a metoo for him, then it’s a wise policy.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is that a gay cake joke?

lakefront likes this.
  11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

My take is he should have given more direct orders rather than looking for consensus. (quotes own post rather than editing the original)

12. I don't think Pence is the author of the Op-Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.