1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Since when is the unemployment rate accurate?

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

"Foolishness"? How dare you! I'm basing all my moves off your playbook vs. YF!

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In that case, foolishness is definitely the right word. :D

TyWebb likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reince, repeat.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why a Va. state senator is in Syria meeting with Assad?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Good old Google.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Wait a second, you're going on and on and on about my post and me making an analysis because of one billboard, while everyone here goes on and on and on and make a political analysis of what is going on over one tweet? Or one comment by some talking head?

@Azrael made an analysis of the GDP and the economy over an MSNBC screenshot. Why didn't you jump on his screenshot which was posted not long after my billboard observation? Or why are you not challenging the other members who are making political analysis against Trump via a screenshot of tweets?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... hope he has his resume updated.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Because I only have so much time in my day, and I choose to devote a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of it to this place. If I chose to call out every flawed political or economic analysis on here, I'd lose my job in no time. And responding to your billboard post (and subsequent posts) is usually as time-consuming as saying "Nope, wrong." It is the kind of easy discourse I actually have time for.

I know you probably want to point out some hypocrisy here, like I'm only responding to you because you're conservative, but you'd be wrong. I actually lean more conservative, while still hating Trump. If a left-leaning person on here said they think the economy is tanking because of a billboard they saw, I'd be just as quick to point out "Nope, wrong." But only you have gleaned the health of the economy from a single billboard. Thus, nope and wrong.

Also, Azrael didn't say that screenshot told him something about the economy. He said "Discuss."

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's been well-documented that some major U.S. railroads are offering substantial bonuses to attract workers, and those are for good-paying union jobs. Part of that has to do with the fact that the RRs require new hires to put in as many as two years in some remote locale, and the fact that many young people just don't want to do physical work "on the ground."

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

How much longer can the country function like this?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.