1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

President Nostradamus

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Collusion with ISIS. They allowed his buildings to stand for his continued support.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

#NeverForget ...

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

More damning tales from Woodward's book:

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Playing all the hits today ...

“I lost hundreds of friends in 9/11.”

Mr Trump insisted he knew many of the people working in the Twin Towers, but never named a single person. The president would have had to have known about one in 10 of the victims if his claim of knowing “hundreds” of the 2,996 victim was true.

Donald Trump's bizarre quotes about 9/11 before becoming president

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd go with "...admonishes you for having bad breath."

Vombatus likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

An honest question, would a Trump ever have gained traction without an event like 9/11?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He did seem to start showing up a lot more often as cable news nets looked for "famous New Yorker" to interview in the subsequent months and years.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of meant the type of person who would play on people's fears and use it to their own ends. Trump wasn't alone. It's kind of a miracle that the GOP nominated McCain and Romney, two relatively sane leaders in the ensuing years. And McCain was a hawk, he just didn't play up fear to promote his ideas.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I worked in 2 World Trade Center until October 2000 when my company lost its lease. (The Port Authority wanted to rent entire floors.) We moved to Newark and watched on 9/11. My cousin at eSpeed died in 1 WTC that day. I commute through the WTC train station every day, and I happen to be flying United to Newark today from Nashville. That's what 9/11 means to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.