1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Imagine you had to go to work every day selling low end Mr. Coffees and weren't allowed to discuss any better equipment.

Inky_Wretch and YankeeFan like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

From what I could see they were espousing selfies, mostly.

SpeedTchr, YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think the imagined injustice in Trump's mind was that this nice rich white golfer couldn't vote for him while those dirty beaners were prancing around the polling place acting like they were the US citizens it is virtually certain they were. (That's assuming they weren't completely made up, which is certainly on the table as well).

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I would imagine he, or an employee could get a day pass. All kinds of loonies have them.

First Amendment, and all.

I would doubt they could get a hard pass.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. No. Of course the aren't political. They're immune to politics. Completely apolitical.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So the Orange Buffoon's fixation on absurdities is simply a media fixation?

LOOK OVER THERE!!!!!

RickStain likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No one is completely apolitical, but all of those who resigned had served under Republican and Democratic administrations and advanced under both. They have engaged in highly unusual behavior for senior foreign service officers. Wondering why is natural. The tell here is the "resigned" not "retired." At the end of any administration and start of a new one, plenty of senior officials in all departments retire. My wife's friend at Justice told her boss in 2015 she was leaving after the election no matter who won. That's normal. This isn't.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have no trouble at all putting all Trump supporters in the same basket.

They're all either dumbshits, assholes or trolls. That's it.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I do not worry that Mexican citizens will attack wall workers. So much simpler and less fuss for the cartels that control drug and human trafficking across the border to bribe the armed guards who will be necessary if the wall is to be anything but a sieve.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sometime over the next four years, Trump's administration's going to do something I like. I'm really intrigued, for example, by some of the names being floated for FDA Commissioner. Let's suppose he appoints, say, Gulfo or Srinivasan. If I say, "Well done!", am I therefore consigned to the basket of "dumbshits, assholes or trolls"?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Isolationists are about to get what they want. The line to suck up to China is barely going to be orderly.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.