1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He was mad because they called on less than mainstream media -- like the New York Post!!!

2. YankeeFan

You're missing part of the timeline. This came first:

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It really feels like I'm going to wake up from this bad dream and Obama will still be president. This is surreal.

I did actually dream that I was hanging out with Trump, Joe, and Mika backstage before the inauguration.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're missing part of the timeline. This came first:

Peña Nieto addresses the nation: “I reject the decision of the U.S. to build the wall”

Mexico’s president has responded to Donald Trump’s decision to build a border wall, repeating that his country would not pay for it.

President Enrique Peña Nieto did not address reports that he was “considering” cancelling next week’s visit to Washington following Mr Trump’s order to begin construction of the wall between the two countries.

In a recorded address televised nationally, Peña Nieto said: “I regret and reject the decision of the US to build the wall.”

Earlier on Wednesday January 25, an official told The Associated Press the Peña Nieto administration “is considering” scrapping the January 31 visit.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Riptide likes this.
  5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Take a minute or two to critically think about what you wrote.

6. YankeeFan

Backpedalling begins:

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Holy shit we really are taking the Oval Office back to high school now.

I fully expect Trump to tell the nation that he heard from his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Mexico's president pass out at 31 Flavors last night, and that's why he canceled the meeting.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Hilarious that he's acting like this is a new revelation. Is there anybody that didn't already know Mexico was "unwilling" before the meeting was scheduled?

Wait, I take that back, there were indeed idiots in his campaign crowds that actually believed Trump had some super-secret business-genius strategy to force Mexico to pay for it. Now they see what that strategy is:

Trump: You pay for it.
    Mexico: No.
    Trump: But... I want you to ...that's not fair... I'm unfriending you for that ..waaaaaaah!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Sounds like the post really nailed this story:

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This isn't complicated. At some point, some money is leaving the United States for Mexico. Trump is going to divert or seize some of it and count that as Mexico paying for the wall.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

This WaPo story still has me worried.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Classy guy ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.