1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problems at Patch.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Drip, Jan 19, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny, I am tempted to do the same when I look in some newspapers.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Very true.

3. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Am I missing something here, or are they all but calling this pay-to-play journalism?

http://www.4-traders.com/AOL-INC-5774637/news/AOL-Inc-Patch-Launches-Patch-Partners-to-Support-Small-Businesses-14355936/

4. nate41

nate41 Member

Found this dandy posted on one of the local Patch sites. The same group of Patch sites that dropped sports coverage out of the blue with little or no notice to their stringers.

If your derrière is permanently affixed to a bleacher seat at just about every sports game played in Shelbyville and at their 'away' games, then you might be the right person to help out Shelbyville Patch and the community by updating us all on what's happening in the wide-wide world of local sports.

Patch is looking for a volunteer (read: no pay) sports broadcaster/reporter/writer/fan to post stories and photos from local games.

It's easy to give your team a big shout-out on Patch.

While you are watching the game, take a few notes and a few photos. We're looking for the basics: what sport, what teams played, where it was held, some highlights and the ever-important score. We need at least one photo to go with the story. A photo of an awesome three-point basket, a goal or a perfect pitch would be over-the-top.

This role can be held by any one and more than one person _ young, old, parent, student, fan, sibling, coach, etc.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is great news for Timmy's mom.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

God, that's horribly written.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Imagine what they'll get in response to it.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The Podunk High School football team keeping smashing on bitches, beating those homos from Central Podunk by like three touchdowns Friday night.

Podunk running back Bill "Smashmouth" Williams straight crushed those fools, cutting them and making them look like idiots. He scored two touchdowns and had 200 yards running te ball.

Podunk also got a key contribution from Mike "Thunder Thighs" Everdeen as he blocked the shit out of the Central defense. Shit, those punks had no idea how to slow him down.

Podunk is gonna play again next week but I just wanted to give a shout out to my boy Dean "Steal Your Girl" Smith. He didn't get to play Friday because he got hurt in practice but, yo, he's gonna rough up those Smithfield pussies next week.

GO PODUNK!

9. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Schiezainc, that read like Hoppes borrowing the worst from Berman and Stu.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Not sure if that's a compliment.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I so badly want this to result in a mom taking the assignment and noting "widespread speculation" that another married mom is fucking the coach.

12. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

This is gonna make Bleacher Report look like SI.

Draft saved Draft deleted