1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about sports journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KB8Fanatic, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KB8Fanatic

KB8Fanatic New Member

He is not a rapist, the only crime he committed was adultery, if you followed news you would know that he was never convicted, she decided to recant and settle in civil court. I actually did my English Composition 2 research paper on Kobe Bryant and the hardships he was battling with the rape accusations and the Lakers loosing and gaining new teammates, and my teacher is the one who gave me the idea to become a sports journalist. My freshman year of college I was triple majoring in athletic training, physical therapy and pre-med.

2. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Well, I'm at a 30K making 26K and I'm having a hard time. But I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and paying $650 a month to share an apartment with 2 other guys. I couldn't imagine life on 22K

3. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

I think I started at a 15K making 19K. But I'm making over 30K now, just five short years later.

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Which brings me to another point. I haven't covered youth sports yet, but I will have to this summer. (We don't cover youth outside of summer) Judging from the notion on this board, covering youth sports seems awful.

I covered two high school graduations today, which were God-awful. Has anyone done that?

Let's start a discussion. What's worse, covering high school graduation and their bloated, full-of-shit valedictorian speeches, or little league baseball and AYSO girls soccer?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pu-lease.  PUH-LEASE.  How much you think she was paid for deciding to "recant?"

I do love the loosing, though.  You'll fit right in here, we're all loosers at SportsJournalists.com.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Can I butt in ask why we're constantly trying to discourage young people from our industry? Shouldn't we be a little more helpful?

7. Moderator1

We should be honest. And if that discourages them, that's the way it is.

I worry about young people who worship Kobe. Seriously. Worry a lot.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I'll take Little League baseball. And enjoy doing it. Fuck, you'd think we were all supposed to be big-league writers or something. The world needs people to write youth sports and prep. I'd happily take that beat. Bitchy parents are far easier to deal with than spoiled, asshole pro athletes.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I agree. Be honest. But we shouldn't be piling on. That's just mean and paints us like a bunch of bitter assholes.

10. KB8Fanatic

KB8Fanatic New Member

Oh, I am sorry for the fact that I must be grammatically correct and all my words must conform to the sentence and be spelt correctly.

Losing*

I am so terribly sorry that you all had to witness that typo-graphical error, one which may be considered a mistake, something that ALL humans make from time to time.

Thank you for correcting me moderator =)

11. Moderator1

YOUR WELKIM.

I like it when things our spelt write.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and oj isn't a murderer and is busy searching for the real killer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.