1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about sports journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KB8Fanatic, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought that only showed up in a blood test.

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

And conducting his search at only the priciest golf courses FL has to offer...Between PPV Reality tapings, of course! ::)

3. KB8Fanatic

KB8Fanatic New Member

You all can all just sit there and contradict the things that I have been saying; yet it comes off as if you are only trying to prove that your intelligence level is well above mine. Although you all may have more experience than I do, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are an expert on the subject in which you are commenting on. I have not once stated that my writing is well developed or of a higher quality than any of yours, nor have I come off as if it is. I merely stated my opinion on the matter of Kobe vs. his accuser and over half of you who have responded have practically jumped down my throat trying to prove that I lack the understanding of the system as well as the journalism field and the case. Kobe was never convicted of rape. One person may say that it is because he embodied the empowerment of money, others may say that it is because not enough evidence was produced and most of the evidence that was produced was circumstantial. Either way the only way to even comment on this case would be strictly based off of opinion not fact. A journalist’s job is to report the findings of whatever it is they are elected to comment on, not only do they formulate their article around statistical and factual information, but they also will include their opinion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion right? You should have learned that when you were growing up. Just because some of you feel that what I am saying bares no resemblance on your own thoughts and what it is you believe, does not mean that I am going to be discouraged and choose not to pursue the same career path in which I am embarking upon. This is not meant to be a lecture, it is simply my retort to all the comments that you all have been saying. It is also my perspective on the entire conversation, which you all have already so graciously given your output on.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are lecturing again.
    Lay off the bold. Go out on a date with Pho-Real and bitch about us being asses.

5. KB8Fanatic

KB8Fanatic New Member

That's your opinion.
    I have a boy friend, thank you =)

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Moddy, my apologies for having jumped on you for being critical. Pile on at will. She knows more about the craft than you do [/sarcasm], even though she came here under the guise of seeking help.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Moderator1

Miss,
    I'm sure you will ignore this, given the attitude you have displayed thus far. And that's fine.
    But:
    I have been playing this game 30 years. I'm far from the best in the business, way far, but I do know what I'm doing.
    If you want to play one day, check your 'tude at the door.
    Take that or don't. Don't matter shit to me.

And Flash, no problem.

9. KB8Fanatic

KB8Fanatic New Member

When did I ever say that you were not qualified? I think you are taking everything that I have stated thus far completely out of context. Not only have you misunderstood the things that I have stated, but you have also taken everything to heart, when did I assign this conversation specifically to you? I never let off as if I were speaking to any one particular person yet you have it set in your mind that my words were reaching out to you. I do not have attitude, I'm just not that sweet, innocent, next door type of girl that will sit back at watch the ceiling fall on top of her and never move an inch. When someone comes at me with something, I'm comming right back at them, I don't sit back and just take it. If I did than, and only than should you be worried about me being able to make it in the journalism feild, and this notion not only is my opinion but also comes from the information provided by the 10 interviews I have already done with sports journalists.

10. Moderator1

Never said you said I wasn't qualified, or anything about me. I'm saying your attitude thus far indicates a person who doesn't listen.

We have an intern at our paper who is going to be pretty good.  Going to be real good.  One of the reasons?  He truly cares what we think and appreciates our advice.

If we ever had an intern deign to lecture us?  Lord. It would get ugly.

STFU, listen and learn.  And you'll do fine.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

You came here seeking advice, yes? Here are a few free tidbits:

I before e, except after c.

Also: Then and than: it's good to know the difference.

12. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

KB8,
    My advice to you: Get your age, location and email address off your profile -- immediately. You don't want any chance of your identity getting out. This is a tiny industry and word spreads like wildfire.

You've alienated yourself from a lot of highly-respected journalists already. If you want a job in this field someday, you better hope the attitude you've displayed here doesn't get out. A lot of talented writers have not been hired because of personality. At age 19, you don't know jack.

EDIT: And after reading your writing, though I'm sure you'll improve, you really should hold your attitude in check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.