1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm a student at Ole Miss, but my allegiance lies in Tuscaloosa.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The Isotots just lost the pennant.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad you're not a Dawg.

I'm a Texan because it's where I've spent most of my life and my family is Texan. But I was born in Alabama and spent five years of my childhood in Jackson (4th grade-9th grade). Experiencing SEC football was a big deal to me, especially coming from DFW where pro sports are king and the SWC was in decline at that point. My dad usually had tickets to whatever game was at Memorial Stadium, so I saw lots of Ole Miss, State and Southern Miss games as a kid. Lots of fun.

Owing to my Bama birthplace, I was a Crimson Tide fanboy as a youth. I still like Bama, but I find big-time college sports kind of repulsive in some ways, despite the fact that they're great fun to watch. I'm more of a pro sports guy when it comes to fanboy-ism.

I always cheered for Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl since most of my friends liked the Rebs. I also hated the fuck out of MSU ever since being in attendance at the infamous MSU 6, Bama 3 game. Motherfucking cowbells were so loud that the Bama offense couldn't hear the signals on a crucial goal-line play that would have won the game. Refs should have called a time out...it was deafening.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Someone just e-mailed me a link to this, knowing my past crush.

5. writing irish

Songbird, what's a "sexmill"?

6. Songbird

Treadmill. A friend here and I had a conversation, and I sort of renamed it that. So I've stuck with it.

7. writing irish

Well, treadmills could definitely stand to be a bit more exciting, so I guess a name change can't hurt a thing.

8. Songbird

The convo was in context to getting in shape, because the better we look the better chance we have to attact someone to have sex. Hence, sexmill.

9. writing irish

Think I'll start calling the shelf in the fridge where I keep my beer the "likelihood of involuntary celibacy and liver damage enhancement center."

10. Songbird

Given their propensity to spell out the obvious in 28 words instead of 4, "likelihood of involuntary celibacy and liver damage enhancement center" sounds like something they'd say in Japan.

11. writing irish

The whole concept of Japan freaks me out a little. I'm comfortable with wide-open spaces and not a whole lot of people crammed into a single spot. But I love receiving shiatsu, though.

12. Songbird

Did you watch Lost in Translation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.