1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Go. Go now.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I e-mailed and asked about the possibilities of doing a phone interview and then if there was still interest on both sides, packing hastily and getting up there. We'll see what he says.

I think 20-25K for 20-25 hours of work per week is decent, but I have a feeling the 20-25 hrs. per week is the 20-25 hours I'd be spending in court. I don't think it would count the time it would take to write the stories.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I love minor league baseball. Might be my favorite sporting event to attend now.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Spup, you shouldn't let a few boxes get in your way of a job.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Into my 14th hour of a 19-hour day. I've been staring at a green apple on my desk since 7:30 a.m.

Right now I'm eating double-chocolate Milanos; I wish it was Alyssa in my mouth. HIYO!

Goddamn, still 6 more pages to go, including a ... cough cough ... home-gardening page. Umm, yeah.

OK, this 3-minute break is over.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You mean Mayfly wasn't the solution to all your problems?

7. CI --
    I'm in awe.
    Next for me -- learning to photoshop!

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Solution? No.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's the source of the "digits" in your sig, IJAG?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK. I guess I should have asked why they're there.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's Chris' numbers from American Idol. She's hoping people will call just by seeing them, I'm guessing.

I think I've made a decision on the interview. If he can't do a phone interview or wait until I get there, I'm not sure I'm interested. Yes, it's decent money for not many hours of work, but it's an hour drive each way from our apartment. I think I'd rather work at target if it meant not driving an hour each way to work every day.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't have enough characters left to say that it's Chris' numbers from Idol. I mentioned it on the Idol thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.