1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ouch, and Doc's right. If it doesn't stop soon, you probably need to have it checked out.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, I don't even like shots. There's no way I'm sewing myself up.

And I'm not driving either. And my roommates have to get up in 4 hours. I'll live. It's only been about 10 minutes. I'm sure it will stop at some point.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Or you could try to tourniquet it if it's that bad, and gushing blood. Just hope you don't have white carpets. Everything will be good. Elevate the leg if possible.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, but call someone or AIM someone so they call call 911 if you pass out. Seriously.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

10 minutes is an awfully long time for something to be bleeding like that

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have scotch tape? I've got my right leg tucked up beside me, and I'm pressing on it when I'm not typing. I had my leg crossed before, with TP between my heel and my other thigh, but it bled through onto my pants. I'll keep it this way.

Apparently I cracked off a chunk of the glass inlay of the coffee table in my room. I put my right heel up there, crossed my left ankle over, then when I got tired of sitting like that, dragged my right foot off. Bad move.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm on AIM. Half the people on this board know my handle on there. I'll have sportschick babysit me.

It's not gushing. Just if I don't press on it for about 30 seconds, it beads up and starts to run. I'm just trying to slow it down.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

As long as it's not like Monty Python

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Eh, it's just a flesh wound. :D

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

That it is a flesh wound...

Are those robins chirping? Did IJAG just concur with me on something? :D

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Still makes me queasy reading about it. I don't do so well with blood, though I'm fine with blood draws at the doctor, for some odd reason.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm doing my part to fix the rising animosity. For now. I'm bleeding, not thinking straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.