1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

YEAHHHH

and with that I am outta here for a bit

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

17 and grade 9?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A couple of years after cracking my forehead open (I was 6 or 7), I was running on the sidewalk in the front yard and slipped on a puddle, feet shot into the air and I fell backward with the back of my head slamming the concrete. Oh fuck. Just typing that sentence brought me back to the moment. So I started to cry. I knew something was badly wrong. I went inside and told my dad. Pleaded with him to do something. "I can't remember anything!" I cried. "Please help me!" He sat in his chair reading the LA Times with golf on the TV and said, "What do you want me to do about it?" And he was serious. Three days later, and several puke sessions in the bathroom later, my mom brought me to the ER finally. I was there for a week. Good times.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You tryin to say Times' readers don't care about other people?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This explains so much, Xan :D

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

There was the one and only time I did a grav hit. I've never been so fucked up in my life. This wave of fuzz, like you see on an open tv channel, moved across my eyes and next thing I knew I was hitting my head on the floor of my friend's closet. I have no idea how long I was out. He said it was only a few seconds, but it was enough time for me to have a dream of some kind. Good times.

9. Songbird

That's all I'm sayin' ...

There have been half a dozen other head injuries. So yes, it 'splains lot about me.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Outing alert! Songbird is Eric Lindros!

11. Songbird

With the amount of head injuries I've had, I make Steve Young and Eric Lindros look like ... fuck, I don't know what I make them look like. See, my brain is too fucked to make a quick-witted comparison like that.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Personally I think he's Bret Lindros, which explains even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.