1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Philly would be a great gathering spot. Hit up a ballgame and then South Street afterwards. Maybe head over to Chicky and Pete's.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Patience. There's a lot to tell. I'm a little slow. Hell, it took me two months to write the Jones story and four months to write the Missouri float trip story. This weekend is the rush to the end.
    And, yes, there will be pictures.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My random thought: my legs are polka-dotted with bruises... I've been a bit clumsy lately, catching the edges of tables and chairs. I've got 3-4 circular bruises across both my legs, and it looks kinda funny.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Philly (Center City/South) is also under an hour from the Yankees' AA farm team, located near some great Italian restaurants, and near everyone's favorite punching bag on the jobs thread.

5. Oh, didn't know you were the author. So sometime in August, you suspect?

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Day One: we drank and gambled. Day Two: we drank and gambled and went to a baseball game. Day Three: the girls arrived and things became much more interesting. :D

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We need to have a Louisville gathering sometime. We could hit up a Reds' game and then go to Fourth Street Live downtown on the river...

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The worst place to catch a table is the inside of the thigh. I don't know why, but it always kills there. Right above the knee.

9. joe

joe Active Member

By Monday, god willing and the creek don't rise. We have had a lot of rain lately, though ...

10. Man, I'm hurt no one asked about the significance of my new avatar.

Oh well, it'll have to wait until later. I need to get sleep.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Before you go, can you explain the significance of your avatar? :D

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Who is in your avitar? That could give us a hint as to its significance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.