1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

OK, I'm going to go crack open the leftover Icehouse 22 from last night.

I don't need it, but dammit, I deserve it!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Does VH-1 play "Charm School" on a loop? Because it sure seems that way.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I am working on a story about a rugby team. To find one of the girls on the team, I called her parents' house. Mom seemed ashamed to admit she has five daughters, all of whom play rugby. Then she launched into a diatribe about lesbians and how her daughters have better morals than most rugby players, the assumption being because they are not lesbian. She made it a point to tell me two of her daughters are married, to prove they aren't lesbians.

The mom started yapping about her church and "proper" morals (I won't divulge under fear of being labeled a persecutor, but let's just say she'll be voting for Mitt Romney) and I cut her short. I didn't respond to her anti-lesbian rant, but I thought it was pretty rude to have that conversation with a total stranger, let alone a sportswriter.

I'm proud of those five girls for playing rugby in spite of their homophobic mother.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so what do you have against lesbians cadet?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Update: I came home from work, stumbled into my room, and passed out from 6 p.m. u ntil 2:30 a.m. Now I have to transcribe, because I have two stories due tomorrow. Wish I hadn't slept so much. Headache is worse, feeling a little nauseous, and it was like 400 degrees in my room.

I hope I can get everything done. Being sick on one of the biggest weeks in the world sucks.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Clearly, I hate America.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

How's your cut? If you're feverish and nauseous, you may want to see if it's infected.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bait ignored ... damn. :'(

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm not feverish. Just nauseous because I've eaten one pack of crackers and a can of Pepsi in the past 31 hours.

Cut is fine. No redness, no puffiness.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, yes she should.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I ain't stupid. ;)

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"is that ice ahead? that sure looks like ice."

"fuck it. this boat is indestructible."

-- actual conversation held on the titanic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.