1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It's odd, but I even missed some of the trolls on here.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I ran the Oxford gauntlet (sp?) last night. Parrish's, Jubilee, The Levee, City Grocery, Pearl Street, Larry's, Murph's.

I woke up this morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

3. I believe Rok averaged 300 posts a day for April.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

@#$@!# northwest airlines. bastards suckered me in to paying $15 for the "coach choice" seat a few weeks back and there was nothing special about the seat. so i politely ask for a refund. get a reply today: no refund. so i re-submit my query to customer service, this time with specifics as to which laws i am sure they have violated by pricing certain seats at a premium when in fact the seats are identical to all others.

i'll live without my $15 but it's the principle of the damn thing.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Fuckers!!!

Have you ever been driving at night on a road you've been on a billion times, and realize you haven't the faintest idea of where in hell you are? Happens to me more than I care to say.

Tor-nay-toes possible tonight and tomorrow. Yeeehaaaaaaw.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

platy, you talking about zoning out because you're easily distracted or something more serious?

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I miss Oxford. Jubilee was my bar of choice my senior year because the younger crowd didn't hang out there much.

8. Mmmmmmmm.
    Square Books.

9. Square Books?

10. Platyrhynchos

No, I'm not easily distracted. Eyes on the road always. But it only happens at night. Only lasts for five or 10 seconds, and then it's,“Oh yeah. I know where I am now.”

11. Platyrhynchos

Yes. Much better than those of the round or triangular variety.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

The best independent bookstore in the country -- at least if you're a fan of Southern literature. It's on the square in Oxford, hence the name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.