1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is bizarre. i'm no neurologist but i think there's a huge difference between zoning out and suddenly not knowing where you are. the former: not a problem. the latter: i don't know, man, i don't know. it doesn't sound right.

2. Thanks, John.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What exactly is pastrami? I know it's a meat, but what is it?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You don't want to know.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

And how exactly does corned beef come about? Is corn involved?

6. And what's up with Oprah? She's fat, she's thin, she's fat, she's thin. Pick a body shape and go with it. (fab SNL skit)

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

pastrami is perfectly normal, unlike processed "meats" like bologna or that crazy ham-looking thing with the fluorescent chunks. yuk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastrami

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Is it because you've fallen asleep at the wheel and are sudden farther along on the road than you thought you were? Or because you've zoned out and are sudden farther along than you thought.

It's happened to me once or twice driving an hour or so home at 1-2 a.m. after a concert. I'll be driving along feeling fine and all of a sudden I'm passing an exit and I'm saying to myself "I don't remember passing the two exits that are supposed to be before this one"

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Pastrami is just highly seasoned, perhaps smoked, beef. Spup may have it confused with liver cheese or braunschweiger or something.

Corned beef does indeed involve corn. One takes a beef brisket, puts a boat load of salt and shit on it, and then wraps it in full ears of corn. It is then put into a 135° oven for 20 minutes or so. ;D

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I made a million reubens while working at a McAllister's in college, but I never had an urge to try one.

11. Platyrhynchos

No. But, I think you may have hit on something here when you say you miss pass an exit and don't remember passing the previous two exits.
    I now honestly think, and this is a highly plausible explanation, that it is because there are no distinguishable landmarks at night where I live (Plains). That has to be it. It only happens at night. Never during the day. That's it, that's it, that's it!

12. Platyrhynchos

Two of my three high schools are at the same track meet today.
    Good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.