1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For me, it will be bottled water while working desk. :)

2. boots

boots New Member

OK you've had your chance. From here on out, NO MORE INSULTS at boots. We thank you.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

After not drinking last night, I've had three bottles of water today because my head feels like I'm hungover? Anyone have any suggestions?

4. sinus issues?

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sinuses aren't bad at all. I slept on the opposite side of the bed last night. That could always have something to do with it. I also drank sunny D last night, and I'm pretty sure the acid in it caused the heartburn that kept me up all night. I've never done overly well with juices (specifically apple or orange).

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Spup, the way to do it is to start the day with an Alka Seltzer and a lemon/lime Gatorade; from there, business as usual. Perhaps this advice is too late for you. Next time.

7. I'll remember that next time I am hungover. And is that Giant Baba in your avatar?

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I wish I were hungover. At least hangovers go away eventually.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Beverages of choice tomorrow: water and Diet Pepsi

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've never had a mint julep before.

The Derby's on my list of must-do-before-I-die, so I think I might just save it for Louisville.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am watching Sharon Resultan on the Weather Channel... *sigh* it's not the same since I saw her in person... it's a bitch seeing your crush isn't worth it

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I did the equivalent of my senior thesis on the mint julep. Wrote a 25-page paper on the drink's history and place within Southern culture. I also served them to my class in the Grove a week before the final. A on the paper, A in the class.

I miss college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.