1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

From Seinfeld:

Elaine: What? you're breaking up with me? But I sacrificed and supported you while you struggled. What about my dream of dating a doctor?

Ben: I'm sorry, Elaine. I always knew that after I became a doctor, I would dump whoever I was with and find someone better. That's the dream of becoming a doctor.

Tighthead likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

ESPN desperately needs better stylists. Some of what they've had talking heads - both male and female - wear lately has been embarrassing.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Have you seen college basketball coaches - both male and female - post pandemic?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You knew – just like many on this board – that the moment the apparel makers who provide unis and all the other gear for the athletic programs got access to the college basketball coaches that there would be no going back. Not only is it a lot easier for the coaches and wardrobe choices, but it also gives the athletic departments more leverage in their next negotiation with the apparel makers.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Welcome to Philadelphia International. Where the people are miserable and the best bathroom smells like Sunday morning in Temple Bar.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Artsy though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Driftwood

All-Star games have become an abomination.
    When I was a kid, it was like "ooooohhh, there's Jonny Bench in a Reds uniform or there's Don Mattingly in pin stripes." I remember watching Rangers and Islanders and Bruins and Flyers in their home whites skating against teams from the west.
    I have great memories of sitting at my grandmother's house on Christmas day watching the Blue-Gray Game with my dad.

8. Driftwood

If you pour half a beer into a Bloody Mary, the beer sits on top.

9. Driftwood

Taking my wife fishing is worse than a dang 4-year-old. Impatient. Won't listen. I spend most of my time getting her out of the trees because she can't cast.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Your wife, or the 4-year-old?

11. Driftwood

The 50+ year old.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dippin’ Dots has been the ice cream of the future for about 35 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted