1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Truth.

Wait until you talk to another parent in your kid’s class and find out she was born the year you graduated from high school.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and Hermes like this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

hahaha. Oldest couple in Lamaze class.
    It wasn't us but it turned out glorious because they had their baby before the end of the classes and brought her to the final class. What a joy!!

garrow likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ohio is getting a Bucc-ee’s. The state’s conversion into a southern state is complete.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know it's just me, but I just don't understand the fascination with Bucc-ee's, and I certainly don't understand the need for someone to buy and proudly wear a T-shirt from there. I guess it's the same thing as putting a Yeti sticker on your truck window.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

One has 100 types of beef jerky and clean bathrooms. The other is an overpriced tumbler.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, I love Buc-ee's for their food, gas pumps, and bathrooms. I don't have any love or hate either way for their merch. I walk past it.
    I have a Yeti tumbler I have drank coffee out of every day for a decade. No stickers, though. My coolers are RTIC.

UNCGrad likes this.
  7. Driftwood

My cousin has had four vehicles in the last year.
    I have had four vehicles in the last three decades.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Good place for a quality sidejack ...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I can't understand driving a truck as a daily driver. I've only ever driven like a Ranger size, but if I want to drive, I would so much prefer a car with power and a much lower center of gravity.

10. Driftwood

Got it back Friday and have been happy as a clam.
    You have to remember that I use my truck for its intended purpose. I haul and tow stuff almost daily. I use 4x4. I keep my toolbox in my truck. I can't tell you how many times in the 10 days that I drove my mom's car that I started to go grab a screwdriver or pair of pliers or a zip tie or tie down out of my truck without thinking that I didn't have it.
    I've never owned a full-size truck. I've certainly never owned one of the big super-size ones. I've owned five trucks in my life: 3 Ford Rangers and 2 Toyotas, one when it was just a Toyota truck and now my Tacoma.
    I laugh at people who lower trucks into low riders or do the Carolina squat. I really laugh at wusses who cry when their truck gets a scratch or ding. Trucks are supposed to have scratches and dings.

FileNotFound and swingline like this.
  11. Driftwood

I have apple and pear trees in my yard. At various times today, I had three bucks and and a doe come through. I suspect that's four deer more than a lot of people have ever seen in their life. I call it Sunday.
    The big 10-point saw me, blew, stomped, and went right back to eating apples off the tree.

@Inky_Wretch would have been disappointed it was't October.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I would guess Yeti has made more money off of its merch than it has its coolers.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted