1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

I've had two vehicles in the last 38 years. Working from home the last 10 1/2 years helped, but even before then, I biked or bussed to work whenever I could. I hate shopping for vehicles. I'm afraid of making a huge, costly decision.

I don't understand why so many people put up with vehicles in which one has to climb up from the ground to get over the bottom of the door opening, and then climb down over that to put the foot on the floor of the car. My four-wheel-drive trucks allow one to just step up once getting in, step down once getting out.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Remington stole this from Springfield but whatever.

[​IMG]

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I love that type of ephemera. Years ago I bought a Lord of the Rings light up glass goblet (the Viggo Mortensen one) at Burger King....even though I am not a LOTR fan. It just seemed so fun. Still have it. Still lights up.

[​IMG]

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We use the Holiday stemware glasses Arby’s did during our Holiday meals.

This thread reminds me of the 60s Flintstone glasses at my parent’s house. They’d be fun to use as drink glasses. I should set them aside when I do the clean out.

garrow likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

All of our character glasses faded from putting them in the dishwasher. And broke when we dropped them.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I went fishing today. I hauled one in, had him in my right hand, and went to remove the hook with my left. The fish thrashed, slipped out of my hand, and the hook buried in my finger. So now I have a hook in my finger with a two-pound unhappy fish flopping around attached to it.
    Funny now. Hurt like heck.

Songbird and maumann like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

On a good day having enjoyed a celebratory meal with family, and now watching my favorite film.

Life is good.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I’d like to hear Elmer Fudd say corroborate.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cawobbawate

You’re welcome.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hahaha, reminds me of the robot (Short Circuit?) saying Pedro Guerrero:
    Paidwoo Guweawoo

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Never knew till now.