1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Sears

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 8, 2019.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some people don’t like being around guns. I kind of lean that way myself, although that’s more about the people who tend to be super enthusiastic about them.

But fish hooks? For real?

SixToe likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You also might have had something happen in your toddler years.

The fish hooks sounded like you took the student code of conduct really seriously.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What was he doing passing around a loaded gun?

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Obviously, he didn't think it was loaded. Isn't this what always happens, they didn't think it was loaded.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I've never handled a shotgun, but wouldn't he know by weight or just crack the barrel?

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

People do stupid things. This has run its course. Move along.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No, you can't tell if a shotgun is loaded by the weight.

Number one rule written in stone the size of Mount Rushmore: If you pick up a weapon, the first thing you do is verify whether or not it's loaded; when you pass that weapon to another person, they verify for themselves whether or not it's loaded even if they just watched you do it.
    Even in the store, I watch a salesman take a gun that is locked back out of display case, clear it, hand it to me, then I clear it myself.
    My own guns around my house that I know 1000% whether they are loaded or not because I'm the one who stored them that way and the ONLY person who has touched them, I still verify their status.
    Seriously. I could be in my home alone with the doors locked. I could clear a gun, put it in a closed drawer, walk out of that room, and seconds later walk back in and get it, I'd clear it again. If a gun has been out of my sight, I don't assume anything no matter how improbable.

BrownScribe, Hermes and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted