1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Neyer: most influential baseball writer of the last 10 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by yourbuddy, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would hope so. My dad's dead. :eek: :eek: ;) ;)

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Do not insult him by using anything but capital letters when speaking of NEYER.

I cry at the very mention of NEYER.

When you masturbate, if you are female, you should always envision having your body purified by the penetration of the sublime pleasure zone that is NEYER, regardless of whatever orafice NEYER chooses.

If you are male, you should reach for nirvana you will never reach and imagine that you are NEYER in all fantasies.

Not only is NEYER that greatest baseball writer, he is the greatest writer who ever lived in a game he invented called NEYERball, which has five bases, its a metaphor for how we've only scratched the surface of sabermetrics, and a tribute to the fact that his prowess with women requires another base beyond the usual four-base metaphor. When he gets done a bonin', he's had too many women offer to worship him, so he needs another base to make everyone understand.

(Yes, this thread has been done)

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's a shame that Neyer does some of his best work under his amazon.com pseudonym. It keeps him from getting his due.

4. The name Neyer comes from "Ne' yer" which is Comanche Indian for "intrinsic value" and intrinsic value is what Rob Neyer brings to every stat he evaluates and every article he writes.

I also believe his middle name is Poon.

5. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Do not speak to NEYER unless NEYER addresses you first!

Draft saved Draft deleted