1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I haven't read the article yet but interesting picture. Polish freedom fighters and I wonder what those other 2 (and a little boy not visible in this copy) are looking at.
    [​IMG]

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Senate could choose to pass (and send on to the President) a federal statute, but I don't see why it must.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My Reform Jewish God supports a right to choose abortion, so this sign sounds good to me!

lakefront likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I just spin my Abortion Roulette Wheel for those. Doesn't everyone?

OscarMadison and doctorquant like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s a good idea to have state by state approach. I don’t.

As. Christian, I say look: I appreciate the freedom in America to be able to make a moral case against abortion on an individual basis, or even to help create a world in which there is such support and resources so as to make abortion far less likely on a larger scale, and I can do that - Christians have done and will do - regardless of the laws.

A legally divided America on this issue doesn’t lead anywhere good in 3, 5, 10 years.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’m allergic to your religious cult. I don’t see the Christians doing anything to prevent 21,000 infants who die in child birth? Or doing anything to end maternal mortality. Just a lot of talk to deflect from the world wide sodomizing of children.

Mr. Sluggo and Mngwa like this.
  7. Slacker

Get off the cross. Organized religion should heal thyself first.

Mngwa and heyabbott like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have no idea how you derived martyrdom out of a post suggesting a federal law legalizing abortion would be helpful.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Slacker

Look elsewhere in your post, then.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Parsing strewn goat entrails is the preferred approach.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ub huh.

12. Slacker

There's a Flag Pin analogy to be made here with the "modern" Christian right.

I don't tolerate people and crowds who wear badges and insist that they are the only moral patriots in America.

Not throwing you in with them, but you get my point.

Draft saved Draft deleted