1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Led from start to finish.

Hate it for the Commode-door fans in my family. Over-rated.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Or, you know, beholden to her religious beliefs and her congregation.

Especially in a world where we are constantly reminded of the supposed importance of sports to a community, it makes sense that someone would allow their religion to affect their entire life.

But I guess it's easier to just say "SCARY!!!!!"

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think that rubber floor destroyed a lot of knees. Michigan, NC State and a few others had it as well.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No Ezeli makes it tough for the Commies.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Knight, on this MNF interview sitting with Coach K, looks like he is sitting on that red-hot poker he once used as a motivational tool.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

24 Hours of College Hooops has begun, I think. Washington State vs. Gonzaga on the mothership right now, at least, with a "Tip-Off Marathon" heading above the ticker.

I watch ESPN probably 20-25 hours a week, on average, and think I only saw half of the commercial for the 24-hour thing and, of course, didn't catch the start time.

7. Suicide Squeezer

Nevermind, it's in the featured story box on espn.com. I'm an idiot.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As many stupid things as ESPN does, this 20-some hour basketball marathon is fucking cool as shit.

9. Suicide Squeezer

I've been saying that for about a week, too.

I'm a little late to the party on commenting on this, but basketball on the battleship was absolutely awesome and breathtaking. Kudos to ESPN and the military for helping make it happen. College sports needed that in so many ways at the end of last week.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Couldn't sleep, so am watching Drexel-Rider. Is that a stage at one end of the court? At a D-1 program??

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

It looks like they're playing in a high school gym, maybe juco.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing; it was like he just discovered his name and number was listed on Sandusky's phone under "favorites."

Draft saved Draft deleted