1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it would be fun to be a mod.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No perfecto - 79 pitches through six, 10 strikeouts. And he's done. I really wish they'd let him do another inning.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

6-1-0-0-2-10.

He ain't doin' it with mirrors, folks. ;)

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And the Nats quickly give up half of the two-run lead he had, and they're not out of the inning yet. Seriously, would 90-95 pitches killed him?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Crap. I was one hit away from looking s-m-r-t for the first time ever.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I really don't think its a chickenshit move by Reyes at all. Everything doesn't have to be crushed down to a macho contest of who has the biggest balls, or a question of integrity.

Reyes went out, got a hit, and if Braun can go 3 for 4, its all his.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I lean toward poin's outlook on this. Season's over for the Mets, Reyes has a shot at a batting title, he has a right to do what helps him get there.

And actually, it's not as if the opponent stood here and let him bunt for the hit.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this. The way I look at it, as I'm sure the Mets do, is that Reyes kicked ass all season long, and deserves this batting title. They'd probably hate to see one 0-fer on the last day of the season ruin it.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

well the team (both actually) was out of it so guess it really doesn't matter. but if people don't want to say it's a chickenshit move they at least have to say Reyes cared more about the name on the back of the jersey than the one on the front.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

didn't really kick ass all season long when he missed over 30 games.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

well the team (both actually) was out of it so guess it really doesn't matter. but if people don't want to say it's a chickenshit move they at least have to say Reyes cared more about the name on the back of the jersey than the one on the front.

Its game 162 of a fricking dreadful season. The game is meaningless beyond imagination. What the hell?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If nothing about the game was worthwhile and there's no need to try to win it, will attendees be getting a refund?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.