1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I have to say, it's pretty nice having the season end on a Wednesday. Focus is on baseball and it's not overshadowed by football.

And, if there's a playoff game (or games) tomorrow, they won't have to compete with MNF.

A good job by baseball for once.

Oh, and a hell of a double play by the Sox just now.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Orioles just managed to go scoreless in an inning where they got three walks. Hard to do -- except maybe for them. In an announcement beyond parody, NESN announcer Don Orsillo just announced that if the Sox win, they'll give all the coverage from the clubhouse. Yeah, the Sox should treat themselves to the riotous celebration they so richly deserve.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon, Michael. You know they have to celebrate. You don't go into the playoffs with your tails visibly hanging between your legs, even if they are.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

At the very least they have to put on their AL Wild Card hats & T-Shirts -- available now.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They'll have to wait. There's a rain delay. I feel handshakes all around and a couple of cold beers would be an appropriate celebration, but I hope they forego the champagne spray and "everybody wrote us off" horseshit. It's not like making the playoffs was the preseason goal for these guys.

6. jr/shotglass

And if you're Francona, you smile as they pile on each other at the mound and fool themselves into thinking that they're entering the postseason from a position of strength. The bigger the celebration, the better.

The LAST thing you do is stand there and apologize for getting there.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Just want to say it's really great that the baseball regular season only had one thread, dedicated to the late and much-lameted spnited.

8. jr/shotglass

And that I'll agree with 110%.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And Kimbrel implodes.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Carpenter 10 Ks (a season high, I believe), 2 hits through seven. Of course, it IS the Astros.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wow. Rough times for the Braves, especially since the Cardinals look to have their game sewn up.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Braves escape. C'mon Braves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.