1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You mean like the Yankees buying their way into contention every year? Well, there is that small-market team in Philadelphia. Amazing how they stay on top in a market like that.

Oh...wait....

But hey, there's nothing wrong with a sport that allows teams to buy championships rather than earn it through being run better than the other guys, right?

By all means, boys, if you want to piss all over a baseball thread by starting this crap again, I'm game.

2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

My best friend since kindergarten is a die-hard Sawx fan. Feel awful for him ... not as bad as I did prior to 04, obviously, but still.

The rest of Red Sox Nation can go fornicate itself.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fuck off, Boston. And take heart ... maybe Brady will only throw three picks Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Uncle. Uncle.

Don't do it. It's been a fun night.

Even if SkiptomyLou couldn't be here to enjoy it.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, I have to differ. I thought Stuart and Van Pelt did a superb job of going back and forth with the highlights. Obviously they had some kick-ass producers and editors getting a lot of that stuff done, but they did a helluva job, cliches aside.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Didn't even think about that. Damn, that would have been epic.

7. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Outofplace, only you could be physically incapable of embracing the delicious irony of the Rays knocking the mighty Sox out of the playoffs.

Please refrain from spoiling my joy with your typical salary-cap nonsense.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We'd have had about 6 more pages.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Take it up with TSP. He's the one who brought it up, not me. Don't like it? Tell the apologists to stop starting this bullshit any time a low-revenue franchise has any success at all.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

it would've been great if Stu was all somber during the baseball highlights and went into BooYaaa mode for the WNBA.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Small market teams that know what they're doing have tended to find themselves in contention. Small market (and large market) teams that don't know what they're doing, tend to fall short.

If I'm not mistaken, Pittsburgh, Montreal/Washington, Toronto and Kansas City are pretty much the only teams in baseball that have seen absolutely no success since the 1994 strike.

But others consistently seem to find a way.

Yes, please.

[/RaiderFan]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If only all those small-market teams didn't keep giving all the apologists so many chances to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.