1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I posted it on FB, but I think I was sitting in front of SkiptomyLou. Before they got drunk and disorderly and REALLY foul-mouthed, the dooshes behind me were trying to convince me of how HARD it is to be a Braves fan.

I guess the fact there aren't that many Braves fans kind of served his point. But whatever. I made it through 13 innings of baseball!

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Somewhere in baseball heaven, Brook Jacoby is giving you the high sign.

(I know he's not dead)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Orioles went 3-8 in their first 11 meetings with the Red Sox this season. They were 5-2 in the last seven, all of which have been in the last 10 days.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been noted or not, but is there a little karmic justice with the Braves' losing out by one game? They did, after all, get that gift in the 19-inning game against the Pirates way back when.
    If this thing had gone to a one-game playoff or the Braves had sneaked into the wild card, how much would that be played up?

5. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

The Braves have fans? Who knew?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Posted this a couple days ago on the "Random Images" thread on the anything goes board, but figured it also has a place here. Kind of sums up how a lot of anti-Sox nation (and probably more than a few members of Red Sox Nation itself) is feeling right now:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a great 2 minutes of baseball......Crawford kicks the hit........I see Francona hustle into the locker room to get his resume freshened in case John and Theo get a wild hair in their ass, I flip the channel, and I see Eva go yard.

Someone go get Simmons off the ledge.........better yet......let the son of a bitch jump.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is that Wayne Rooney? Was it in Baltimore?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It isn't that many. Y'all will reach for anything, like the thread about the Pirates looking half-decent for a couple of months. How'd that work out for ya?

Wake me when the Yankees stop buying their way into contention every year.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Rays have to go Shields, Hellickson, Price now, right?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

MLB Network just showed a clip of Dan O'Shaughnessy declaring Tampa Bay dead during the Red Sox-Orioles rain delay.

Oops.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

For the LuLz, in real time:

http://www.overthemonster.com/2011/9/28/2456606/game-162-win-or-likely-go-home#comments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.