1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I guess last year when the Rangers with the fourth-lowest payroll made the World Series.

The Yankees spending big and winning big is the outlier. Teams with low payrolls regularly make the playoffs.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Doesn't it just make it more fun for everyone (besides YF and Manky) the nine times out of 10 the Yankees are eliminated with little more than a whimper?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure, and yes. It moved across the AP wire on Monday, I believe. Seems like there were several fans making their way onto the field during the first couple games of the series. Theo should've signed them. Maybe they can pitch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Please, for the love of Jehovah. No more salary cap talk. Please? It's ridiculous.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah!

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Insane final day of the regular season. Screw Boston. How do you like them apples, Simmons?

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

On replay, the balk call in the Sox/O's game was complete horseshit and I'm a fan who thinks balks should probably be called more often.

Pretty obvious MLB, Fox and TBS all didn't get what they wanted tonight.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Who won last year? The Giants, with a top-10 payroll. Before that? The Yankees bought the World Series.

The Rangers are not a small market. They happened to have a low payroll for that season.

Heck, even the Red Sox overcame two terrible free agent signings (Lackey and Crawford) to come within an out of forcing a playoffs. No way in hell a small market could survive two big-time free agents failing like that.

Again, if y'all don't like these discussions, take it up with TSP. A small market team wins three or four games in a row and he goes off like the baseball apologist he is.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So if I got this right...

Phillies vs. Cardinals
    Brewers vs. Diamondbacks

Rangers vs. Rays
    Yankees vs. Tigers

Should be interesting.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You are some kind of misanthropist if you can't take a boyish joy in this.

That shit was off the charts and you pour urine on it.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Responding in the way you do on the NFL threads:

Stop pissing and moaning just because your team sucks.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unless you root for the Red Sox or Braves, that shit tonight was off the charts in a way that every baseball fan should love, whether you want a cap or not. (Not wading into that one, just saying) I can't think of a more incredible night of baseball in my lifetime. Maybe Minn-Atl Game 7 (sorry Buckweaver).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.