1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't really see why they would, besides just wanting to whine. Rivera pitched in 64 games this season. He's pitched in between 63 to 67 games in each of the last five years. He pitched 1 11/3 more innings than last season. And he's 41 years old.

Girardi's protecting him for the playoffs. Why should he care what Red Sox fans think?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thirded. Kept looking up at the TV by my desk and saying, "No ... that didn't happen." And the last two AL games? That's what makes baseball awesome, you can't take a knee or go into the four corners. There's always a chance.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How the hell did J.J. Hardy hit 30 home runs for Baltimore?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/MLB/American/ALEastern/Boston_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tough shit. Try not to blow a nine-game lead in a 25-game span next time. (I know you're not saying this, so it's not aimed at you.)

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

At the bar. Rays down 7-0.

Wow. Thought they were done.

Rays fans all around me for the most part.

I'm playing poker. I start hearing rumblings of the Rays coming back.

Johnson hits the homer as I'm looking up from pocket Qs. Rays fans and I collide in celebratory hugs.

Different seat, different part of the bar, I look up to see the Longo game-winner.

Place goes apeshit.

People hugging strangers. Beers being lifted. SHots being ordered.

And then I realize.

SHIT. The Rangers have to play this squad in the ALDS starting Friday.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling confident in the Rangers winning this but I can at least hope the TIgers beat the Yanks ifthe Rangers can't beat the Rays.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The deal with Rivera -- he pitched on Tuesday to get ready for the playoffs. Pitch him tonight and then there is Friday and Saturday games. So in a game that means nothing for the Yanks, they should potentially have him throw four times in five days?

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hardy's OBP was weak, but overall, he was great this year. He did a tremendous job fielding his position (see his relay that got Scutaro at the plate last night, holy shit I never saw so many chests get so puffed and then deflated so fast) and hit the shit out of the ball when he hit it. He was a big time player for them this year.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What a final night.

And that's why sports rocks. Nothing like it.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's from the worst sector of Whining Red Sox nation.

Dennis and Callahan (a Godsend -- witty adults, unlike the smug-Brahmins and hopelessly-drunk sectors of RSN) have had it aced, their opening hour, today.

Too bad they're bringing on The Midget, at 7 AM.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Watching the YES feed last night I could have sworn Michael Kay had morphed into Beej when Kay said Girardi had got too "cute" with his use of his pitchers and was forced to go with Proctor the rest of the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.