1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's great. I wondered why the dude would even stop running. No way he's getting back to first from where he was. He's out if the ball is caught, so just keep running.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The NFL counterpart to Sawx fans, no doubt about it.

3. jr/shotglass

I just watched Andino's final hit again. Carl Crawford's actions on that play capsulized his season.

The catch should have been made. It was within his reach. And did you see his throw? He one-legged it, really put nothing behind the throw to the plate as the winning run barreled down the third-base line.

4. jr/shotglass

Three straight. I'm sorry. But this is too good.

Don't question Terry Collins about Jose Reyes' single at-bat chase for the batting title.

I half-expected him to say, "It's still real to me, dammit!"

[​IMG]

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Posnanski with a quick "About Last Night..." essay.

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2011/09/baseball-night-in-america.html#more

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Are Collins emotions here a product of the fact that he's taking one for Reyes chickening out of the batting title? I hardly know anything about him, but I feel like he one of those "play the game the right way" kind of guys, and he knows he can't say his own player bitched out so he's inner conflict caused his internal circuitry to short out.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Hate to spoil a good baseball chat with WWE, but like CM Punk said in labeling John Cena, like the BoSox, their smug success has had them taking on the hate that was once reserved for the Yankees.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see it. I liked Hardy when he was with the Brewers and they were probably a tad impatient with him when he struggled. Would certainly like him back over Betancrap.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

We were noticing that last night in the newsroom, shotglass.

If Crawford dives for the ball, a good chance he catches it. Or, he pulls up short, catches it on the hop and makes a stronger throw to the plate.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think when you come to the end of seven months with a group of men trying to accomplish something, especially in the difficult environment Collins inherited, the conclusion can be emotional. Collins is a guy who has worn out his welcome with players in previous stops but he seems to have found a little bit lighter touch with the Mets this year and it wasn't altogether unsuccessful. I've never been a huge fan of his but I'm starting to come around.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Shaughnessy said on WFAN in NY that he thinks Francona is done and the Red Sox probably won't discourage Epstein from leaving if he's interested in the Cubs job.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They should. They both really fucked up that team. Another 90-win season is just absurd. You add the top two free agents in the offseason and they can only win 90 games? Terrible decision by Epstein. And Francona putting Papelbon on the mound in the 9th inning with the lead? Idiot. Clearly Francona must go after the Red Sox went 77-1 in games in which they led after the eighth inning. He's a fool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.